BGI and the Greenway
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative (BGI) is the 501c3 non-profit organization planning for the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway and its long-term stewardship. This 14-mile landscaped route, physically separated from traffic and with separate paths for pedestrians and cyclists, will run from Greenpoint through Sunset Park.
Five miles of the greenway are already open with interim treatments, and it is a popular cycling and running route. Permanent construction is anticipated to begin in 2014. Once complete, the greenway will connect neighborhood parks and open spaces, as well as four major regional parks, comprising more than 200 acres of open space in one of the most densely developed waterfronts in the world.
For more information, to arrange a greenway tour, or to schedule an interview, contact Brian McCormick, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.522.0193.
Recent Articles / Press Coverage
Recent Press Releases
- Art Opening At Brooklyn Greenway Initiative
- Public Art Dedication on the Columbia Waterfront
- Brooklyn Waterfront Epic Bike Ride Ramps Up
- Williamsburg Waterfront Greenway Benefit: Implementation Plan to be Unveiled
- Support Hurricane Recovery Efforts at Chio’ Restaurant