BGI and the Greenway
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative (BGI) is the 501c3 non-profit organization planning for the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway and its long-term stewardship. This 14-mile landscaped route, physically separated from traffic and with separate paths for pedestrians and cyclists, will run from Greenpoint through Sunset Park.
Five miles of the greenway are already open with interim treatments, and it is a popular cycling and running route. Once complete, the greenway will connect neighborhood parks and open spaces, as well as four major regional parks, comprising more than 200 acres of open space in one of the most densely developed waterfronts in the world.
For more information, to arrange a greenway tour, or to schedule an interview, contact Brian McCormick, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.522.0193.
Recent Articles / Press Coverage
- Brooklyn Greenway designers pitch bike path as storm barrier, NY Daily News
- Work Underway to Create Brooklyn Greenway in Environmentally Sustainable Way, NY1
- Growing the Greenway: Columbia waterfront space set for planting, NY Daily News
- Between the Drink and the B.Q.E., NY Times
Here’s What’s Next for the Flushing Ave Segment of the Brooklyn Greenway, STREETSBLOG Brooklyn Greenway Expands With More Bike Paths Along The Waterfront, Gothamist
- Piecing Together Brooklyn Greenway, Wall Street Journal