BGI and the Greenway
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative (BGI) is the 501c3 non-profit organization planning for the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway and its long-term stewardship. This 14-mile landscaped route, physically separated from traffic and with separate paths for pedestrians and cyclists, will run from Greenpoint through Sunset Park.
Five miles of the greenway are already open with interim treatments, and it is a popular cycling and running route. Permanent construction is anticipated to begin in 2014. Once complete, the greenway will connect neighborhood parks and open spaces, as well as four major regional parks, comprising more than 200 acres of open space in one of the most densely developed waterfronts in the world.
For more information, to arrange a greenway tour, or to schedule an interview, contact Brian McCormick, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.522.0193.
Recent Articles / Press Coverage
- CB6 Committee Votes for PARK Smart Zone, Brooklyn Greenway Extension
- City Unveils Plan for Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway in Greenpoint
- Sidewalk Shadows Exhibit
- Tree-Shadow Art Installation to Debut in Cobble Hill After Eight Years
- 5 Free Things To Do On Memorial Day Weekend
- BGI Uses Office As Rotating Gallery
- Brooklyn Greenway Initiative uses Office as Rotating Gallery