There are no current job openings at this time.
We are always looking for motivated, capable team members. If there are no current job openings, please send your resume and specific areas of interest to info(at)brooklyngreenway.org and we will keep your information on file.
*NEW* Program and Events Summer 2014 Intern
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative (BGI) is a small, progressive non-profit coordinating the planning and development of a 14-mile bicycle pedestrian route along Brooklyn’s waterfront. The Program and Events Intern will work directly with BGI’s Program Manager and Co-founders, assisting with special events, community outreach and program initiatives. Experience will be gained in event planning, communications, development, public outreach, non profit management, and fundraising.
Event coordination (40%)
- Assist with implementing logistics for special events including BGI’s annual Brooklyn Waterfront Epic Ride, a 40-mile bike tour from Greenpoint, Brooklyn to Rockaway Beach, Queens. This summer’s Epic Ride is scheduled for July 27, 2014.
- Assist with the logistics and execution of BGI’s annual summer benefit New Views 2013 to be held on June 26, 2013.
Public outreach and programs (40%)
- Assist with the logistics and execution of summer BGI public outreach programs, including: Greenway clean-ups; bike tours; representing BGI at partner events and festivals; art openings and shows, open house and member events, and planning workshops.
- Assist with drafting BGI communication materials, web/blog content and social media, as needed.
- Pursuing or completed a degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Event Management, Nonprofit Management, Sustainability or related field.
- Experience or exposure to event planning
- Excellent networking and communication skills with experience writing communication materials (print, web, or social media)
- Creative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office (Photoshop a plus)
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and a positive attitude
A minimum of two months commitment is required and the availability to work a minimum of 3 days per week, with some weekend and evening work. This is an unpaid position but we will work with educational institutions to meet academic credit requirements if applicable.
- BGI offers candidate exposure to and interactions with a diverse range of stakeholders including those in the government, political, academic, civic, business and non-profit arenas.
- A chance to develop professional skills in non-profit, cause-oriented setting
- The opportunity to gain an understanding of how special events fit into the greater mission of a nonprofit
- A chance to make a positive difference in the community
- This internship is very “hands-on” and presents a solid career building and networking opportunity.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Intern” in the subject line.
Submission deadline: April 18, 2014. No phone calls please.
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative (BGI) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation planning for the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway and its long-term stewardship. The Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway is a planned 14-mile, off-street, landscaped route for cyclists and pedestrians, from Greenpoint through Sunset Park. When completed, the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway will connect Brooklyn to the Manhattan Greenway network. Public benefits will include increased waterfront access, more diverse transportation and active recreation options and increased economic development.
Many of our current staff started as interns or volunteers. Please fill out our volunteer form and we’ll be in touch with you shortly about current opportunities.