An invitation from our friends at New York Press:
New York Press Kicks Off Bike Month NYC 2011 With The New Amsterdam Bicycle Show
The first bike show in New York City was in Brooklyn in 1897, and 114 years later, we’re bringing the bicycle show back! New York Press, Manhattan Media’s lifestyle publication for the city’s young trendsetters, and Transportation Alternatives announce The New Amsterdam Bicycle Show: Benefiting Transportation Alternatives.
Come and celebrate bike month with us at The New Amsterdam Bicycle show on April 30, 2011, at Chelsea’s new cultural venue Center 548, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.!
The New Amsterdam Bicycle Show will feature:
- 55+ exhibitors including Raleigh, Chrome Bags, Jamis, Gazelle and plenty more from the hottest bike makers around the world
- Bike giveaways from Sweden’s Bike By Me and Cooper Bikes USA
- Worksman Cycles, the oldest bike makers in NYC, will be making a special hand built bicycle for The New Amsterdam Bicycle Show!
- An urban bicycle fashion show featuring the cycling and lifestyle clothing and bikes
- A hand-built bicycle row featuring A.N.T., Horse Cycles, Folk Engineered, Hold Fast, and Royal H
- An indoor demo area to test-drive bicycles
- Hourly bicycle helmet giveaways from Nutcase
- The Consulate-General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands will have noted cycling blogger Marc “Amsterdamize” van Woudenberg at their booth
- BIKELANDIA, the show’s information hub, will feature seminars and discussions featuring “Carjacked” author Anne Lutz-Fernandez and editors from Bicycling Magazine
- Farmcart, the Bushwick-based caterers, will be pedal-pushing delicious sandwiches and treats
- La Colombe Torrefaction, the world-renowned coffee-roasting company-roasting at the show
- Narragansett American Lager will be serving delicious suds throughout the afternoon
- More activities to come – to see our expanding list of our exhibitor’s click here