Register today for The 5th Annual Brooklyn Greenway Half & 5K
On Sunday, October 15, 2017, experience the Brooklyn Waterfront like never before at the only half marathon and 5K exclusively held on the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway.
Take in unique and memorable urban views including the skylines of midtown and lower Manhattan, the iconic Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg Bridges, and run through city, state and industrial parks including Brooklyn Bridge Park and the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
By participating in The Brooklyn Greenway Half & 5K, you will be supporting Brooklyn Greenway Initiative, the non profit organization committed to the development, establishment and long term stewardship of the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway. When complete, this 14-mile landscaped route for pedestrians, runners and cyclists will connect neighborhood parks and open spaces from Greenpoint to Bay Ridge.
Packet Pick Up
Info coming soon.
Registrants will be emailed a run guide the week of event with all information required.
No Head Phones
For your safety, we forbid that you wear headphones during the race. You need to be aware of your surroundings as there are open roads and volunteers stationed along the course assisting with directions.
If at any time Staff or Volunteers see that you do not heed the directions of a course marshal or your awareness is otherwise hindered by your headphones or earbuds, you may be disqualified.
Awards will be given to the top male and female runners overall in both the half marathon and 5K race. Age group awards for the Half Marathon only will be awarded to the top three in each the following age groups: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49. 50-59. 60-69. and 70 and over
HOW WILL THE RUN BE TIMED?
- There will be a RFID tag on your bib, so your finish time will be recorded automatically.
IS THERE A CUT OFF TIME ON RACE DAY?
- Timing will end 3 hours and 15 minutes after the race start. Runners who have not yet completed the course are still free to finish but they will not be timed.
WILL THERE BE ROAD CLOSURES?
- There will be some partial road closures in DUMBO; however a lot of the course will be on open roads Greenways. Event staff and NYPD will be stationed at intersections assisting with road crossings.
IS THE RUN USATF CERTIFIED?
- No, it is not currently certified.
WHAT ARE THE BAGGAGE REQUIREMENTS?
- Personal belongings can be checked in at the run start and will be held securely for the duration of the run. As the course is a loop, belongings can be picked up following the run from the same location.
WILL REFRESHMENTS AND DRINKS BE PROVIDED?
- Complimentary water will be offered to runners at the start, along the route and at the end. Light refreshments; bagels and fruit and coffee will also be offered following the run.
WILL THERE BE AN AWARDS CEREMONY?
- Yes, held at approximately 10.00am for the 5K runners and 12pm of half runners.
Is REGISTRATION REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE?
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you are no longer able to take part in the event, we will convert your registration into a charitable contribution to Brooklyn Greenway Initiative, the 501c3 nonprofit organization. .
WHAT IF THE WEATHER IS BAD?
- The Brooklyn Greenway Half will take place rain or shine. There is no rain date. In the event of cancellation due to severe weather, your registration fee is non-refundable and instead will be considered a charitable contribution to Brooklyn Greenway Initiative.
You can volunteer in a range of roles, including check-in, bib pick up, setup, water stations, directing traffic, and clean up.
While there are many ways you can help, they all have one thing in common: you are part of the event. No matter if you’re young, old, love running or never raced before, if you’d like to be part of the Brooklyn Greenway Half – we are looking forward to seeing you!
The Brooklyn Greenway Half And 5K presents a remarkable platform for sponsors to target the New York metropolitan area. As a sponsor of the Brooklyn Greenway Half, you will have the opportunity to increase your brand visibility and recognition. Key benefits to your business include:
Direct Exposure to 1750+ participants and thousands of spectators who are Brooklyn residents.
Direct exposure to BGI and our partner organizations’ databases via mailings, e-newsletters, website and promotional materials.
Involvement with a progressive event that demonstrates community-driven change and is a key element of NYC’s sustainability agenda.
For more information, email Olivia Lynch.