2020 Brooklyn Waterfront Challenge
October 1 – October 31, 2020
Join us for a brand-new competition traversing Brooklyn’s waterfront!
The Brooklyn Waterfront Challenge is a road race reimagined for the socially-distant era! This month-long running and cycling series challenges participants to push themselves farther while exploring and celebrating the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway and Brooklyn’s iconic 131-mile shoreline.
Participants will bask in waterfront sunsets and crisscross lively neighborhoods while competing against other athletes online. Competitors will be treated to world-famous Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty views as they traverse parks and piers along the Greenway. Friends can sign up and compete as teams and there are distance options to match athletes at every skill level.
- Official Brooklyn Waterfront Challenge 2020 Race Bib
- 2020 Finisher Medal
- 2020 Event T-shirt
- Brooklyn Greenway Buff Face Covering
- Brooklyn Waterfront Challenge Guide with an artful illustrated map of route highlights and amenities, a map for navigating the route, and a variety of shorter route suggestions to discover while racking up your miles!
- Sponsor swag bag
There are multiple registration options to choose from. Grab your friends and sign up for the Brooklyn Waterfront Challenge that is exactly right for you!
However you participate, you’ll be supporting Brooklyn Greenway Initiative in our work to develop and complete the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway as a safe landscaped route for people of all ages and abilities that connects a greener, stronger, healthier Brooklyn!
– NYC Ferry offers New Yorkers a dependable, state-of-the-art way to commute & connect in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens & the Bronx.
– Securing a clean energy future and providing electric, gas, and steam to NYC and Westchester.
– Greenpoint Landing, located along a half-mile stretch of waterfront in the northernmost section of Greenpoint, will provide over 4 new acres of publicly accessible open space for the neighborhood. Designed by James Corner Field Operations, the waterfront open space will provide vantage points for the public to enjoy unobstructed city views as well as offer a variety of outdoor amenities.
NYC Councilman Stephen T. Levin
– Public funding for the Brooklyn Waterfront Challenge and other programming and services to ensure the longterm viability of the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway generously provided by NYC Council Member Stephen T. Levin, representing Council District 33.
– Dedicated to providing innovative energy solutions for electricity and natural gas supply.
Ample Hills Creamery
– Ample Hills Creamery is the beloved Brooklyn-based ice cream company with 9 locations in New York City and New Jersey. Ample Hills scoops cult-favorite flavors such as Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Chocolate Milk and Cookies, and Peppermint Pattie, all made in their flagship factory in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
– Sixpoint was created in an 800-square-foot garage in Brooklyn, New York City, in 2004 by award-winning homebrewer-turned-professional Shane Welch. The Mad Scientists at Sixpoint seek to honor the heritage and craft of brewing by designing unique formulas to perpetually inspire the creativity, collaboration, and culture that is generated by beer.
– Bicycle Shop with a convenient location in Park Slope and great prices on high quality bikes and service.
– Offering choice, quality and value in every aisle is how we hope to make your shopping experience a genuine pleasure. Visit the Brooklyn market at 21 Flushing Ave.