Become a BGI Member Today
Members are vital to BGI’s work, now and in the future. Your support makes our voice stronger when we speak to elected officials, city agencies and other decision makers. At every amount, your membership will make a difference! Your membership contribution is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. BGI is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Friend / $50
- Receive a BGI membership card offering discounts at participating merchants along the Greenway
- Invitations to exclusive member-only events, including BGI’s annual Spring Greenway Bike Tour and Holiday Party
- Advance registration and member discounts to BGI’s annual events including New Views: Waterfront Tastes, The Epic Ride, and the Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K.
- Skater / $75
- All of the above benefits of friend plus
– Free gift! BGI bike bell
- Family / $100
- All of the benefits above for your family (2 adults and 2 children)
- Jogger / $250
- All of the above, plus
– A ticket to The Epic Ride or Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K
- Blader / $500
- All of the above plus
– Two tickets to The Epic Ride or Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K
- Biker / $1000
- All of the above plus
- A ticket to all BGI ticketed events including summer and fall benefit parties, The Epic Ride and Brooklyn Greenway Half.
- Greenway Sustainer
Recurring donations starting from $5 / month
We Need You
Ride Marshals, Course Marshals and Event Day Volunteers are needed at the inaugural Brooklyn Bike Rave, a 7.5 mile night ride along the Brooklyn Waterfront with lights and music.
Volunteers are needed for a range of roles, including check-in, bib pick up, setup, water stations, directing traffic, and clean up.
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative's Coporate Volunteer Program
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative relies on volunteers to support its stewardship activities on the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway. Volunteers from your company can work alongside BGI’s staff at various sites on the route and participate in:
Volunteer Activities include
- Planting shrubs and flowers
- Providing tree pit maintenance
- Removing weeds
- Assisting at major public events
Volunteer opportunities are available for short or long term projects, for groups of all sizes, and can be tailored to meet the specific needs and interests of your company. They are designed to be team building activities that are fun, lively, and get your hands a little dirty.
Corporate Volunteer Benefits
- Give back to the community
- Work together as a team
- Gain a sense of accomplishment
- Enjoy a change of pace from their regular workday
- Strengthen your corporate culture
BGI requests a minimum of 10 volunteers and a donation from every corporation that participates in our Corporate Volunteer Program. Funds not only provide necessary supplies, materials and tools for each stewardship project, but also ensure that the work we do can continue beyond each volunteer day. BGI is a 501c3 non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Corporate Volunteer Group Highlights
Building a fence and laying compost on the site of the future Columbia Waterfront Park with HR&A Advisors.
Spreading compost and finishing the fence building on the site of the future Columbia Waterfront Park with Turner Construction
Planting along the Red Hook segment of the Greenway with Levi Strauss
Sprucing up BGI's Adopt-A-Highway Site with Goldman Sachs
Thank you to our Sponsor
Director of Outreach and Engagement
Underwrite an Event or Sponsor a segment of the Greenway
By sponsoring a BGI event, your business will receive direct exposure to thousands of greenway supporters via mailings, e-blasts and other promotional materials. Additionally, you’ll receive broad exposure to Brooklyn residents and businesses through targeted print distribution and BGI’s web presence.
You will also be involved with a progressive project that demonstrates community-driven change and is a key element of NYC’s Comprehensive Waterfront Plan and sustainability agenda.
The Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K, 16 October 2016
Greenway + Industry, a Brooklyn Business Networking Event: November 9, 2016
The Brooklyn Bike Rave, Spring 2017
Brooklyn Waterfront Tastes, June, 2017
The Epic Ride, a 40 mile bike ride along the Brooklyn-Queens Waterfront: July, 2017
For General Event Sponsorship Inquiries
E-mail Brian McCormick, Director of Development, or call 718.522.0193