Become a BGI Member Today
Members are vital to BGI’s work, now and in the future. Your support makes our voice stronger when we speak to elected officials, city agencies and other decision makers. At every amount, your membership will make a difference! Your membership contribution is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. BGI is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Friend / $50
- Receive a BGI membership card offering discounts at participating merchants along the Greenway
- Invitations to exclusive member-only events, including BGI’s annual Spring Greenway Bike Tour and Holiday Party
- Advance registration and member discounts to BGI’s annual events including New Views: Waterfront Tastes, The Epic Ride, and the Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K.
- Skater / $75
- All of the above benefits of friend plus
– Free gift! BGI bike bell
- Family / $100
- All of the benefits above for your family (2 adults and 2 children)
- Jogger / $250
- All of the above, plus
– A ticket to The Epic Ride or Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K
- Blader / $500
- All of the above plus
– Two tickets to The Epic Ride or Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K
- Biker / $1000
- All of the above plus
- A ticket to all BGI ticketed events including summer and fall benefit parties, The Epic Ride and Brooklyn Greenway Half.
- Greenway Sustainer
Reoccurring donations starting from $5 / month
We Need You
BGI’s three co-founders started as volunteers over a decade ago. Today, hundreds of people annually donate their time towards completing the Greenway.
Even if you can’t commit to a specific timeframe now, please sign up as a potential volunteer and we will contact you as projects arise. Thanks!
- Plant trees, shrubs and flowers along the greenway
- Assist at major events by signing up new supporters
- Help with outreach initiatives and tabling at street festivals and expos
- Meet neighbors and fellow greenway supporters while enjoying fresh air and exercise
- Access to unique Brooklyn waterfront locations
- Know that you’re an integral part of making the greenway happen!
Sign Up Today
New York Bike Expo
Want to ride The Epic Ride for free? Volunteer with us at the BGI info booth and sign people up to The Epic Ride and you will be riding for free! Get an insider’s look at the largest bike expo in the US, with more than 60,000 attendees and a ton of amazing exhibitors, fun programming, and interesting talks.
DATE AND TIME:
Friday, May 1st from 10:00am-6:00pm
Saturday, May 2nd from 9:00am-6:00pm.
*Minimum 4 hour shift required. Lunch provided.
Pier 36, 299 South Street, Basketball City, New York, NY
Located along the East River at South Street and Montgomery Street
Take the F train to East Broadway.
For more details, please contact Olivia Lynch at email@example.com and include the shifts you are available to work.
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative's Coporate Volunteer Program
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative (BGI) relies on volunteers to support its stewardship activities on the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway. Volunteers from your company can work alongside BGI’s staff at various sites on the route and participate in:
- Planting shrubs and flowers
- Providing tree pit maintenance
- Removing weeds
- Assisting at major public events
Volunteer opportunities are available for short or long term projects, for groups of all sizes, and can be tailored to meet the specific needs and interests of your company. They are designed to be team building activities that are fun, lively, and get your hands a little dirty.
Corporate Volunteer Benefits
- Give back to the community
- Work together as a team
- Gain a sense of accomplishment
- Enjoy a change of pace from their regular workday
- Strengthen your corporate culture
“Target likes to give back to the community and seeing the positive response of people walking and riding along the Greenway and thanking us for our work was a real highlight.”
— Tony Roman, Target Group Vice President
BGI requests a minimum of 10 volunteers and a donation from every corporation that participates in our Corporate Volunteer Program. Funds not only provide necessary supplies, materials and tools for each stewardship project, but also insure that the work we do can continue beyond each volunteer day. BGI is a 501c3 non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Underwrite an Event
By sponsoring a BGI event, your business will receive direct exposure to thousands of greenway supporters via mailings, e-blasts and other promotional materials. Additionally, you’ll receive broad exposure to Brooklyn residents and businesses through targeted print distribution and BGI’s web presence.
You will also be involved with a progressive project that demonstrates community-driven change and is a key element of NYC’s Comprehensive Waterfront Plan and sustainability agenda.
The Epic Ride, July, 2015.
The Brooklyn Greenway Half + 5K, October 2015
For more information please contact Olivia Lynch
For General Event Sponsorship Inquiries
E-mail Brian McCormick, Director of Development, or call 718.522.0193