Get Involved: Corporate Volunteering
Community Volunteer Days on the Greenway
Brooklyn Greenway Initiative relies on volunteers to support its stewardship activities on the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway. Volunteers from your company can work alongside BGI’s staff at various sites along the route to help make Brooklyn a greener, stronger, and healthier place for all!
For 2021, BGI is reimagining our corporate volunteer program to include comprehensive safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic:
– Custom 2-4 hour outdoor activities for groups of 5 to 30 people
– COVID-19 safety precautions including ample social distancing, masks, gloves, and sanitizer provided
– Outdoor activities include street tree care, litter cleanup, planting, weeding, mulching, garden cutback, and ecological data collection
– Teambuilding Opportunities: add a group bike ride on the Greenway or other custom activity
Volunteer opportunities can be tailored to meet the specific needs and interests of your company. They are designed to be team building activities that are fun, lively, and get your hands a little dirty.
Corporate Volunteering Benefits
– Group Photo
– Acknowledgement on BGI’s website, social media, and e-newsletter
– Give Back To The Community while working together as a team
– Gather remote employees to work together in a socially-distant, outdoor setting
Required corporate volunteer donations provide necessary supplies, materials and tools for each stewardship project, and also ensure that the work we do can continue beyond each volunteer day. BGI is a 501c3 non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Email BGI Director of Development Remy Schwartz to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
Corporate Volunteer Group Highlights
Building a fence and laying compost on the site of the future Columbia Waterfront Park with HR&A Advisors.
Spreading compost and finishing the fence building on the site of the future Columbia Waterfront Park with Turner Construction.
Planting along the Red Hook segment of the Greenway with Levi Strauss.
Sprucing up BGI’s Adopt-A-Highway Site with Goldman Sachs.